Who is a NSBE Professional?
NSBE Professional Membership is open to any individual who has received a degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline. Graduate students have the option to be NSBE Professional members OR Collegiate members. If you are a professional, but did not receive a degree in any of the STEM fields, you are still eligible for membership as an NSBE Professional Affiliate member
The NSBE Research Triangle Professionals Membership Fee is now $70.00 (yearly). This fee includes National and Local membership ($50 National, $20 Local). In order to be a local member both National and Local dues need to be paid. The easiest way to join is to complete the membership form and pay your local dues through PayPal. Payments are processed securely by PayPal. You may pay your national dues by visiting NSBE Connect.
Membership payments can be presented in person at a chapter meeting/event or online using PayPal. All checks should be made payable to “NSBE RTP”.
Membership period is August 1 through July 31 the following year.
- Leadership and Professional Development Opportunities with Top Leadership from Fortune 500 Companies
- Professional Development via a multitude of workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities at Conferences and local Chapter Functions
- Social and networking opportunities with other technical professionals
- Community outreach and mentoring opportunities
- Access to scholarships and grants through NSBE Online
- Discounted rates at regional and national conferences
- Subscription to NSBE magazine - (a $20 value) Includes the Career Engineer, a special section of the magazine that highlights our Technical Professionals
- Search for full-time job opportunities - Access to employment opportunities through NSBE Online
- Joint membership in ASME and SWE
- Special Interest Groups: Technical societies established to enable NSBE-AE to promote technical excellence among its members
- First year Alumni membership dues are waived for NSBE Collegiate members upon Graduation with an Undergraduate degree within the first year of degree completion. (a $50 value)
- Access to scholarships/fellowships
- Mentoring and Community Outreach opportunities
- Other discounts: National Convention/Technical Professionals Conferences, GEICO, Hertz, Avis, Kaplan and much more!